One of the million dollar tickets was sold at a Pick 'N Save store located at 1100 E. Garfield Avenue in Milwaukee. The other million dollar ticket was sold at Krist Food Mart, 104 Superior Street in ...
But around 1:30 a.m. on Sunday, the Department of Transportation announced that work had ended more than seven hours early, so all lanes were ...
One of the best rivalries in sports - maybe the best, if the measuring sticks are talent, head-to-head results, controversy and acrimony - happens to be in bowling. That's right. Kegling. Tenpins. Sean Rash and Jason Belmonte are two of the hottest professional bowlers on the planet. They are high-rev, power players in the primes of their career - Rash is 30 and Belmonte is 29 - and they ...
(Reuters) - One winning ticket for a record U.S. Powerball lottery jackpot worth $590.5 million was sold in Florida, organizers said late on ...
Charles Heup and his sister, Paula, review old family photos from when they were children. They are at Good Shepherd Evangelical Lutheran Church in Plymouth, where he is ...
Jurassic Park III [DVD]
Everyone who worked on Jurassic Park III was obviously well-aware that the novelty of seeing realistic, computer-generated dinosaurs on the rampage has lost its novelty by the third go-round. This is not to say that there is not still giddy, guiltless fun to be had, but they wisely dispense with the build-up and get right to the meat of the thing. Within 20 minutes, we're right in the hear ... ...
Scammers are trying to lure consumers into giving up their personal information by claiming they have been selected to be among the first to receive insurance cards through the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. In reality, the scammers just want enough information to commit identity theft. "They're blatant ploys to steal your financial information and loot your bank ...
Gary's Beer and Liquor in Oak Creek has been spitting out Powerball tickets for days. Store clerk Andrew Deptula said the store has a history of producing ...
The chances of winning are low -- 1 in 175 million. But should you strike it big with the Powerball drawing, financial advisor and CPA Mike Arnow says there's three things you should ...
CNN - The winning numbers for the largest multistate Powerball jackpot are: 22, 10,13,14, 52 and the Powerball number is 11. Saturday's jackpot is a record $600 million. It marks the largest in Powerball history, surpassing a $587.6 million jackpot split by winners in Arizona and Missouri in November. The jackpot has a cash value of $376.9 million. The largest lottery jackpot in U.S. ...
Milwaukee police were investigating two shootings that happened about two miles apart on the city's northwest side Saturday morning. In the first, a 47-year-old man was shot while sitting with a friend in the 4700 block of N. 76th Street. Police said a black SUV pulled in front of the pair and a suspect shot the victim once before exiting the vehicle to demand the victim's cellphone. ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hyatt Regency Almaty, Kazakhstan
The Hyatt Regency Almaty is a near new luxury hotel situated in the central business district of Almaty near the ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Milwaukee SunMilwaukee Sun – Local Milwaukee News | Global & Business News
The Milwaukee Sun is essentially a local Milwaukee newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Milwaukee, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Milwaukee Sun.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Lukas rules at Pimlico
- Sharks win in OT Wings get even
- No Ty in this center clash
- A Hill of a return
- Shumpert’s trey-mendous stretch not enough
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- NY bar to host smallest penis contest
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- I want to shoot Hillary Clinton right in the vagina says radio host
- Rooney Mara to endorse Calvin Klein perfume
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- 10 best places to watch a NASCAR race
- China Tourism Day and 3rd Western China Tourism Industry Expo open in Chongqing
- UAE is top MidEast performer for tourism receipts
- Tourism promoters hoping for nice summer
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Thai phone operators told to lower charges
- Rodents return to Earth after space flight
- Moon meteor blast visible to naked eye on Earth says NASA
- Break-in suspect Hofstra student victim both killed by police during confrontation
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash
- Space Capsule Returns Cosmic Rodents to Earth after Month-Long Flight
- European Union finds time to tell restaurants how to serve olive oil
- Restaurant hosts bands for Butterfly Fund
- FIBA best Europe basketball player stabbed in Belgrade restaurant
- Restaurants Fear Sales Hit From Proposed Stricter Drunk Driving Laws CNBC
- Owner of St. Paul institution Bonnies Cafe dies at 69
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Milwaukee Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Two $1 million Powerball tickets sold in Wisconsin
- Partial I-94 closure ends 7.5 hours earlier than scheduled
- PBA Summer Swing features testy clash of the keglers
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida
- Cystic fibrosis drug helping Wisconsin brother sister