MOUNT VERNON, Wash. (AP) -- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has declared a state of emergency in three counties around a collapsed Interstate 5 bridge. Inslee said in his proclamation Friday that the bridge collapse has caused extensive disruption, impacting the citizens and economy in Skagit, Snohomish and Whatcom Counties. The governor is instructing the emergency management division of the ...
GREEN BAY - Pro wrestling, what is that sport really like? You have the good guys, you have the villains, but what about outside the ring? Well you might be suprised to find out they're actually pretty normal guys, like one former local resident, who made it pretty big in the world of wrestling. During his days at Two Rivers Washington High School, Ken Anderson found a way to make his ...
, 1,157 of the 14,057 bridges in Wisconsin are considered structurally deficient. That is 8.2 percent. Out of those 14,057 bridges, 779 (or 5.5 percent) are considered functionally obsolete. ASCE also reports that Wisconsin received $18.3 million from the Federal Highway Bridge Fund in ...
A Walworth County jury has convicted a former Sawyer County woman of receiving money her friend embezzled by writing checks forged from a Fontana business for more than a ...
the State Journal reports . Eliza Kulp, 19, of Blue River, was charged with battery to an officer, disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property, underage drinking and a probation violation, according to a news release from the Grant County Sheriff's Department. Authorities responded to a home in Boscobel after getting a call about a woman out of control. "She had become ...
Cría cuervos [DVD]
Set during the Franco regime and shot while the fascist general was on his deathbed, Carlos Saura's Cra cuervos is a dream-like evocation of the shifting lines between fantasy and reality, living and dying, past and present. It has many similarities to Ingmar Bergman's Cries a ... ...
Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn says the legislature is hurting the city and ultimatelys the state with proposed bills about residency and funding for public safety ...
gay Scouts but not gay Scout leaders , a fiercely contested compromise that some warned could fracture the organization and lead to mass defections of members and ...
A 14-year-old Milwaukee boy was sexually assaulted Thursday by a 28-year-old woman who teaches at his school, Milwaukee police said Friday. The assault reportedly took place about 6:30 p.m. Thursday inside a car parked at Destiny High School, 7210 N. 76th St. The two are not associated with Destiny High School and were there for a special event, said Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer, police spokesman. The ...
Pabst Blue Ribbon was the first foreign beer brewed in China. Lakefront Brewery Inc. is making its first foray into the Chinese market, but Chinas 1.3 billion residents certainly arent strangers to beer with Wisconsin roots. As I report in todays print edition of The Business Journal, Lakefront Brewery made its first shipment to China this month through a potential new business partner, Shanghai ...
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee Police are investigating a sexual assault of a 14-year-old Messmer High School student by a Messmer teacher. According to Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer with Milwaukee Police, the alleged sexual assault of the boy that happened around 6:30 p.m. on May 23 in a car parked in the parking lot of Destiny High School located at 7210 N. 76th Street. The suspect, a 28-year-old woman, and ...
Making the news
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Merve Griffin's Beverly Hilton Hotel
As I approached this grand old hotel on famous Wilshire Boulevarrd, just off Santa Monica Boulevard I couldn't help thinking ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Milwaukee SunMilwaukee Sun – Local Milwaukee News | Global & Business News
The Milwaukee Sun is essentially a local Milwaukee newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Milwaukee, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Milwaukee Sun.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Major Ike problems require ‘minor’ solution for Mets
- Pacers coach Vogel rips Knicks
- Rams shift 6-foot-10 403-pounder to offense
- Judge Brent to have more alcohol monitoring
- A-Rod sells house for Miami Beach-high $30M
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Lincolns life-saving note put up for 15000 dollars
- HSBC could face criminal prosecution as deal on money laundering charges stalls
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pakistani plane forced to land near London two held
- Two held over Pakistani planes mid-air alert
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- 1001 Chinese Tales Birth tourism reveals collective Chinese anxiety
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Consumers underestimate calories in fast-food meals
- Stars such as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie find their new liquid assets
- Wine may be big business in Italy but balsamic vinegar is the passion
- Oahu Sizzlers rebranded as GoKo Steak Salad Bar Restaurants
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Milwaukee Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- UW wants research exemption from open-records law
- Manitowoc board passes resolution supporting Milwaukee County Board
- Wash. gov declares state of emergency for bridge
- The Maino Project Local wrestler in WWE
- Could Wisconsin see a bridge collapse