Ed Carpenter turned Pole Day into a family celebration.The stepson of IndyCar founder Tony George became the first member of the Hulman family to win the biggest pre-race event in the series -- the Indianapolis 500 pole.Carpenter produced a stunning finish to a day that was rife with suspense but lacked surprise. His four-lap average of 228.762 mph was quick enough to break up what appeared to ...
Tampa Bay Rays to a 10-6 victory over the Orioles on Saturday, ending Baltimore's franchise-record streak of 109 straight wins when leading after seven innings.Joyce also homered and finished 3 for 5 with five RBIs.It was the third straight road victory for the Rays, all of them come-from-behind wins.Trailing ...
Indiana Pacers in Game 6 against New York. Pacers coach Frank Vogel said he doesn't expect Hill to be limited for Saturday's game. Hill was cleared to play earlier Saturday after suffering a concussion in Game 4. "We just did it by the book, just everything that the league asked for with the protocol," Vogel said. "The final step is making sure that he's ...
Mauro Santambrogio of Italy won the 14th stage of the Giro d'Italia in rain, wind and snow Saturday on a course that was changed because of avalanche ...
Leopold Konig of the Czech Republic won the seventh stage of the Tour of California in a mountaintop finish Saturday, and American Tejay van Garderen finished third to keep the overall lead for the third straight ...
The title of Sunshine, a sci-fi thriller that marks the third collaboration of director Danny Boyle, writer Alex Garland, and producer Andrew Macdonald, is wonderfully misleading. The word sunshine suggests warmth, happiness, and comfort, but throughout the film it is intense, all-consu ... ...
Los Angeles Angels yet again find themselves in a slide. The visiting White Sox look to extend their season-high winning streak to five games by ...
Orioles on Saturday, ending Baltimore's franchise-record streak of 109 straight wins when leading after seven innings. Joyce also homered and finished 3 for 5 with five ...
EyeOnBaseball Arroyo (4-4) struck out six and allowed one runner to reach third in winning his third straight start against Philadelphia. He was 1-7 in his first 10 games against the Phillies, but is 3-0 with a 1.52 ERA in three starts against them since last Aug. 22. "This game is so funny," Arroyo said. "One pitch can surely change things. I've been able to keep ...
Jason Kidd ? You too. The luckiest thing about where the Knicks found themselves when they woke up Friday -- wait, has Rihanna tweeted yet, if Smith ever went to sleep at all? -- is despite nagging asides like Smith's shooting struggles, Chandler's difficult series and Kidd's mind-blowing 24-day streak without a field goal, the Knicks still gouged out the right to play on. They ...
You can read the full Sharks’ statement here .) The league explains that the Sharks received an automatic $25K fine for discussing the suspension within a 48-hour window, while the extra $75K stems from the ';inappropriate nature of the comments.'; The press release related to the fine points to this rule about ';prohibited ...
Making the news
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Hyatt Regency Almaty, Kazakhstan
The Hyatt Regency Almaty is a near new luxury hotel situated in the central business district of Almaty near the ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Milwaukee SunMilwaukee Sun – Local Milwaukee News | Global & Business News
The Milwaukee Sun is essentially a local Milwaukee newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Milwaukee, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Milwaukee Sun.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Driverowner Carpenter wins Indy 500 pole
- Joyce Rays halt Orioles late-game dominance
- Pacers Hill gets start in Game 6 vs. Knicks
- Mauro Santambrogio wins Giro stage on altered course
- Konig wins 7th stage in California van Garderen leads
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- US president calls for more embassy security funding
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev scribbled note in boat as munhunt was on
- Obama Turns Focus on Middle-Class Jobs
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- Where locals eat in Las Vegas
- SeaWorlds Antarctica could further tilt Orlandos tourism market
- Helipad build for Russias Vladimir Putin
- Sanya awarded Hainans most popular wedding tourism destination
- Cruise passengers who get sick sometimes face tough road
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Thai phone operators told to lower charges
- Near-Earth asteroids and Mars 2 moons considered for future space missions
- Mars rover Opportunity examining rock changed by water
- Violent winds on Uranus and Neptune confined to upper atmosphere
- Powerball jackpot lures last-minute players
- Authorities Hofstra student killed by police
- Restaurants Fear Sales Hit From Proposed Stricter Drunk Driving Laws CNBC
- Owner of St. Paul institution Bonnies Cafe dies at 69
- ‘The Run’ receives sponsored beverages
- Sports board elections New wine in old bottles
- Spiced carrot beetroot and coconut salad
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Milwaukee Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Powerball mania Jackpot hits $600 million
- Powerball dazzles hopefuls in Milwaukee
- Drivers tell of traffic nightmares on I-94
- Wedding day gesture remains a mystery after nearly 32 years
- Only Thornton can put end to MPS superintendent rumors