Actor Justin Bartha, who plays Doug, one of the four friends in the popular "The Hangover" film series, is reportedly engaged to fitness trainer Lia Smith. The movie star proposed to Smith early May. "They're the cutest couple. She was completely surprised by the whole thing," usmagazine.com quoted a source as saying. "The trip to Big Sur, the engagement, the ring, everything. So cute," the ...
Saudi woman Raha Moharrak reached the summit of Nepal's Mount Everest, the world's highest peak, in a first for the conservative Muslim kingdom where women's sports are severely restricted, tourism officials said on ...
Jamaica dominated the sprint races at the Diamond League meet in Shanghai, with Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce winning the ...
Mike Krzyzewski is no longer ruling out a return as coach of the United States Olympic ...
Web.com Tour, BMW Charity Pro-Am 2 p.m. LPGA Tour, Mobile Bay Classic 9:30 p.m.* Auto racing 9 a.m. IRL IndyCar Indy 500 Bump Day 11 a.m. ARCA Toledo 200 SPEED 1 p.m. Australian V8 Supercars Austin 400 SPEED p.m.* NHRA Kansas Nationals Motorsports a.m. MotoGP World Championship French Grand Prix SPEED 9 a.m.* MotoGP Moto2 French Grand Prix SPEED Extreme sports a.m. X Games Barcelona Cycling Tour ...
The title of Sunshine, a sci-fi thriller that marks the third collaboration of director Danny Boyle, writer Alex Garland, and producer Andrew Macdonald, is wonderfully misleading. The word sunshine suggests warmth, happiness, and comfort, but throughout the film it is intense, all-consu ... ...
An elderly couple feed their great-grandson with a piece of cake as they sit under the sun in winter in Jiaxing, Zhejiang province, January 9, ...
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written ...
Figures released by the Real Estate Institute show lifestyle block-living is still the New Zealand dream. 16 per cent more lifestyle blocks were sold during the year ended in March, compared with the previous year. Auckland had the largest increase, with about 150 more sales recorded during this time. A spokesman from the institute Brian Peacocke says the lifestyle market ...
Zlatan Ibrahimovic stole some of the spotlight from David Beckham, scoring two goals to lead the French champion Paris St.-Germain to a 3-1 home win against Brest. Beckham, who announced Thursday that he would retire at the end of the season, was given a standing ovation as he left the field in the 81st ...
Cannes 2013: The Coen brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' is a close-to-the-bone tale of the early-'60s New York folk scene, but it is also (what else?) a perverse Coen ...
Making the news
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Hyatt Regency Almaty, Kazakhstan
The Hyatt Regency Almaty is a near new luxury hotel situated in the central business district of Almaty near the ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Milwaukee SunMilwaukee Sun – Local Milwaukee News | Global & Business News
The Milwaukee Sun is essentially a local Milwaukee newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Milwaukee, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Milwaukee Sun.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Maturing Phelps picks a good time to keep his cool
- McGaughey ‘It wasn’t our day’
- With Hal looking on Cano blasts two homers in win
- Derby champ Orb upset by 15-1 shot
- Bombers bring in SS Brignac
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- I want to shoot Hillary Clinton right in the vagina says radio host
- Rooney Mara to endorse Calvin Klein perfume
- Obama Turns Focus on Middle-Class Jobs
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- UAE is top MidEast performer for tourism receipts
- Tourism promoters hoping for nice summer
- Airlines claim hike in navigation charges is unjustified
- China Southern Airlines or Hainan Airlines to have 1st Boeing Dreamliner
- Where locals eat in Las Vegas
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Thai phone operators told to lower charges
- Near-Earth asteroids and Mars 2 moons considered for future space missions
- Mars rover Opportunity examining rock changed by water
- Winning numbers drawn in Powerball jackpot
- Investigators eye fractured rail in Conn. train crash
- Powerball jackpot lures last-minute players
- Restaurant hosts bands for Butterfly Fund
- FIBA best Europe basketball player stabbed in Belgrade restaurant
- Restaurants Fear Sales Hit From Proposed Stricter Drunk Driving Laws CNBC
- Owner of St. Paul institution Bonnies Cafe dies at 69
- ‘The Run’ receives sponsored beverages
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Milwaukee Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- $600 million jackpot prompts rush on Powerball tickets
- Big buzz over Powerball jackpot
- Winning numbers for largest Powerball jackpot are ...
- Milwaukee police investigate 2 northwest side shootings
- Charitys investment a prescription for profits for drug maker