It was like any other day. If anything, it might have been a little better than usual -- with more deserved honors for the kids, more jokes and songs, more smiles. Even Mother Nature, after storms the previous day, seemed at first to cooperate as the sun shone ...
Impressed with knowledge Dan and Shirley Heger, retirees from Pewaukee who now live in Stitzer, have gone on a half dozen field trips, including trumpeter swan banding, searching for elk calves and hiking through barrens. The hiking trip was a revelation for Dan Heger, who was surprised to learn there are desert cacti native to Wisconsin. They're also going on trips to the Beaver Creek ...
Police Chief Edward Flynn on Friday blasted Gov. Scott Walker for being anti-urban and the Legislature's budget committee for "gratuitous" decisions that killed a community policing grant for his department and set in motion the departure of the state crime lab from Milwaukee. In an expansive interview with the Journal Sentinel in a Third Ward coffee shop that touched on ...
Mayor John Hohenfeldt said the order is part of a program called Care for Cudahy that has been in place for more than a decade. Inspectors look for exterior problems on about 1,500 to 1,800 properties each ...
Only on WISN 12 News, the family of a 15-year-old high school freshman killed while riding her bike talks about the emotional decision to donate her ...
Chungking Express (Chongquing Senlin)
This movie would probably never have made it to video in America without the help of Quentin Tarantino. He is using his new production label, Rolling Thunder, to bring obscure and foreign films to the local video stores that otherwise wouldn't have ever seen the light of day. "Chunking Express" was the first to come out under this new label, and due to the exciting sound of the title, and the fact ... ...
"It was probably the hardest week of my life, for sure. I lost a good friend. We lost a good officer, and I'm happy now because I'm remembering the happy memories and the time we had with her," Gierach ...
Operation Emotional Freedom MILWAUKEE - The videos are all over the Internet - instructions on how to tap your way to a better life! It's called "Emotional Freedom Techniques" - or EFT for short. The videos featuring people lighting tapping their foreheads, faces, wrists and other parts of their bodies. Sophia Cayer, is an "EFT Founding Master" and wrote a book about ...
MILWAUKEE - The reputation of Chicago rapper Keith "Chief Keef" Kozart caught up with him earlier in the week, costing the performer a gig ...
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A man known to ride through Madison on a scooter -- dressed in thong underwear and a cape -- may be disturbing to ...
Ken and Char Larsen stand in a pen with their alpacas. The Larsens sold their home on the east side of Milwaukee and bought a farm in Cheeseville. Char Larsen grew up surrounded by animals, including an epileptic squirrel monkey she named Mike. Husband Ken obliged when she wanted to return to the ...
Making the news
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Coogee, Sydney
This 4.5 star hotel is one of our favourites. Overlooking Coogee Beach and just a 15 minute drive from the ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Milwaukee SunMilwaukee Sun – Local Milwaukee News | Global & Business News
The Milwaukee Sun is essentially a local Milwaukee newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Milwaukee, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Milwaukee Sun.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Kuchar in front at Colonial
- West Pacers turn down James Heat
- Winning would get flailing Davis off the hook
- Game suspended at soggy Citi
- Hudgens Don’t roll dice on Ike in Vegas
- UK defends security services over Woolwich murder
- US bridge collapses sending vehicles into water
- Pakistan remains opposed to illegal drone strikes in country after Obama speech
- Spanish art gets privileged space in New York museum
- Indians rules the roost in National Geographic Bee
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pakistani plane forced to land near London two held
- Two held over Pakistani planes mid-air alert
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- Stocks climb from one-month low Airlines gain CSR drops
- Board approves News Corp split into two entities
- China to allow US auditors access to records of Chinese firms
- Croatia looking to oil exploration in Adriatic Sea to revive economy
- Amazon ventures into fan fiction promotion
- China central bank report promises financial sector reforms
- Consumers underestimate calories in fast-food meals
- Cheap beers getting pricier
- Historic dining under the stars
- Top spots for outdoor wining dining
- N.J. operates top-shelf liquor patrols to snare restaurants who swap brands
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Milwaukee Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Oklahoma principals recall day tornado hit
- Guides lead exploration of Wisconsins great outdoors
- Milwaukee police chief blasts Scott Walker Wisconsin Legislature
- Cudahy homeowner 93 ordered to paint
- Grandfather talks about donating granddaughters life death