BERLIN - US President Barack Obama on Wednesday said he would seek talks with Russia to reduce the number of strategic nuclear weapons both hold by up to a third. Speaking in front of Berlin's iconic Brandenburg Gate during a visit to the German capital, Obama said he was confident the US could maintain its security while reducing its nuclear capacity by a third. He also called for ...
KABUL - An angry Afghan President Hamid Karzai said Wednesday his government would not join US peace talks with the Taliban "until the peace process is totally under Afghan control." He also suspended talks with the US to discuss the nature of US military presence after international troops withdraw in 2014. A spokesman for President Hamid Karzai said the decision was taken over ...
Many people have rallied in support of controversial Independent TD Clare Daly after her extraordinary attack on the visiting U.S. president Barack Obama and his family. Daly didn't miss any punches on Wednesday morning in the Dail when she hit out at Obama, describing him as the "hypocrite of the century," and "a war criminal." She pointed out while he was in Northern Ireland talking the ...
WASHINGTON - The controversial US snooping of foreign emails and telephone calls has prevented more than 50 potential terrorist attacks in at least 20 countries, the director of the National Security Agency (NSA) has said in defending the surveillance programme. The targets include the New York Stock Exchange and other important installations across the world, General Keith Alexander said ...
Younger American teens are starting to map their careers at 13 and sometimes opt for baking over texting, a new study has found. The study by MTV said that the teens from 13-17 age groups dubbed "young" Millennials have absorbed advice from their Gen X parents, the New York Daily News reported. MTV said in a statement that today's twenty-somethings - more akin to the magical wizard Harry ...
Despite all his best intentions and last-minute editing, Cameron Crowes free-flow romanticism may have finally gotten the better of him in Elizabethtown. A semi-autobiographical story about a young man returning to a family he doesnt know, it is sweet an ... ...
Several former Miss USA and Miss America competitors have admitted that the bikini bodies of the contestants in the Miss USA 2013 competition are way too skinny. While talking to the HuffPost Live, Miss America 2008 Kirsten Haglund said that in her opinion, the girls were much too thin, but that's the standard in the modeling industry and the fashion industry, Us magazine reported. Miss USA ...
Americans disagree with President Barack Obama's views on the 'war on terrorism' as winding down, a new poll has revealed. The Fox News Poll revealed that 77 percent of voters said that the war is ongoing and should continue to be a top priority of the government, as compared to 17 percent who feel the war is over and should be a lower priority. Women are more aggressive than men to say that ...
Award winning healthcare economist Dr. Hariawala to give talk on business implications on Indian healthcare system
Mumbai, June 20 (ANI-Business Wire India): Noted healthcare economist and award Winning Indian American Surgeon Dr. Mukesh Hariawala will deliver an important keynote address at the fourth Annual India Leadership Conclave and Indian Affairs Business Leadership Awards 2013. The event is being organised by Asia's most analytical news media Indian Affairs in association with the Ministry of ...
The FBI has reportedly foiled a plot to kill US president Barack Obama with a deadly X-ray weapon. The X-ray system was designed to emit deadly amounts of radiation and could be detonated remotely, ABC News reports. According to the report, Glendon Scott Crawford and Eric J. Feight constructed the weapon of mass destruction to kill Obama and blamed him for the Boston bombings. Crawford blamed ...
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has admitted that it used aerial surveillance drones over the US soil to aid investigations. FBI director, Robert Mueller said that the agency used the drones 'seldom' and in a very 'minimal way', the Guardian reports. The potential for increased use of aerial surveillance drones over US or over nations with US citizens has sparked debates about ...
Making the news
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
JW Marriott Ihilani Hotel Resort & Spa
This has to be one of the best hotel resorts in Hawaii. 387 luxurious guest rooms, each with it's own ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Milwaukee SunMilwaukee Sun – Local Milwaukee News | Global & Business News
The Milwaukee Sun is essentially a local Milwaukee newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Milwaukee, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Milwaukee Sun.
A sideline reporter for Fox Sports Wisconsin had an on-air scare after a stray baseball came close to cause injury to her.
The incident happened before the third inning of the Pirates' 5-2 win over the Brewers, as Sophia Minneart was about to present the broadcast's Twitter poll.
The ball hit Minneart's right hand and making her drop her mic, the New York Daily News reported.
However, she quickly regained her composure and finished the segment.
According to Yahoo! Sports, the ball most likely got away from a Brewers player who was trying to throw a souvenir to a fan in the stands. (ANI)
- Jags owner Focused on 4 games in London
- Manny being Manny in MLB again
- Bosh to Heat fans who left Dont come to Game 7
- PFT Mangold says Jets want Sanchez as QB
- Mets on deck at Braves
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Irish public support attack on U.S. president and family
- Surveillance stopped at least 50 terror attacks, says NSA director
- Young Millennials less tech savvy than people in 20s
- Uttarakhand Tourism Minister expresses concern over bad weather conditions
- Tourism Protests Keep New Luxor Governor Away in Egypt
- Tourism Minister announces new campaign to promote Himalayas
- Five exotic places you can go without a U.S. passport
- Guilt trip Pet travel stressful for people too
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- 2.7 mn Jeeps to be recalled by Chrysler over concerns on fuel tanks
- Settlement monitor faults four largest US mortgage servicers for lapses
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- Airbus Boeing compete for mega deals at Paris Air Show
- Havent seen any UFOs says Chinese astronaut
- How molecular hydrogen is created below moons surface
- UK politician claims fathering love-child with alien mistress in UFO
- NASAs Curiosity rover captures billion-pixel image of Mars
- One killed 150 injured in China restaurant blasts
- Kentville restaurant workers win $15.2M lottery
- Tribunal orders restaurant to pay lesbian staff €15k after obscene remarks from colleague
- Marinated meat is star of this salad
- Suit Filed Over Deck Collapse at Restaurant
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Milwaukee Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wisconsins summer heat begins today
- Green Bay buys strip club to tear it down
- Union members questioning numbers in vote to ratify new Caterpillar contract
- Official Gandolfini likely had heart attack
- Potawatomi shooting suspect still in jail but no charges yet