MILWAUKEE - This is what it looked like for drivers in the construction zone on I-94 Saturday afternoon. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation completely shut down the highway near the Milwaukee county/Racine county line. Some drivers were reporting that they endured an additional hour of travel time getting through it all. The DOT was expecting to reopen I-94 Sunday morning after ...
Madison - Wisconsin's neighbor Minnesota may have become the 12th state in the country to legalize same-sex unions on Tuesday. But gay marriage is not on the legislative agenda in Wisconsin, and that's not expected to change in the near future. University of Wisconsin-La Crosse political scientist Joe Heim ...
Green Bay - Green Bay police have ruled the death of a 49-year-old man a homicide. The department announced last week it was investigating a suspicious death at Daniel Kuehl's residence. Detective Capt. Todd ...
MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin's neighbor Minnesota may have become the 12th state in the country to legalize same-sex unions on Tuesday. But gay marriage is not on the legislative agenda in Wisconsin, and that's not expected to change in the near future. University of Wisconsin-La Crosse political scientist Joe Heim ...
Gov. Scott Walker’s big week of campaigning out east and in Iowa begins Monday with an appearance in Connecticut that is already generating heat. The Connecticut Democratic Party called Walker a "goon" and is raising funds to "send him packing" back to Wisconsin when he keynotes the Connecticut GOP’s largest annual event on May 20, the Hartford Courant reported ...
Fritz the Cat [DVD]
For his first film, writer/director Ralph Bakshi decided to do what no one else had ever tried before: Create a feature-length adult cartoon. Bakshi, an animation wunderkind who was already a 10-year veteran of the Terrytoons animation studio when he was in his early 30s, teamed up with producer Steve Krantz and raised almost $1 million for the production. The result was Fritz the Cat, a f ... ...
Madison - The quarterly deadline to place a telephone number on Wisconsin's no-call list is approaching. The deadline to be added to the list is May 31. Any number put on the list then will be protected from unwanted phone solicitations and text messages starting July 1. Registrations are good for two years, and people can re-register their numbers at any time. The list is updated four ...
Madison - The state Department of Natural Resources has lifted a statewide burning ban. The DNR temporarily suspended all burning permits on Wednesday because low humidity, windy conditions and high temperatures had created conditions ripe for fires and dozens of fire departments were already committed to battling a massive wildfire in Douglas County. DNR fire officials said they lifted the ...
Des Moines, Iowa - When Marine Sgt. Ross Gundlach served as a dog handler in Afghanistan, he told the yellow lab who was his constant companion that he'd look her up when he returned home. "I promised her if we made it out of alive, I'd do whatever it took to find her," Gundlach said. On Friday, he made good on that vow with help from some sentimental state officials in ...
Dane County Sheriff's Lt. Charles Immel says Madison police were called to the man's condo building after sheriff's deputies were unsuccessful in serving the man with an eviction notice Friday morning. The man was believed to be armed with knives and a ...
There’s a tradition at a Milwaukee tavern/two-lane bowling alley called the Holler House where first-time female patrons remove their bra, sign it, and hang them from the rafters, which sounds like something I would support wholeheartedly. Apparently, others do too, because according to Marcy Skowronski, the 87-year-old owner of the establishment, the tradition has been going on from ...
Making the news
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Hyatt Regency Almaty, Kazakhstan
The Hyatt Regency Almaty is a near new luxury hotel situated in the central business district of Almaty near the ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Milwaukee SunMilwaukee Sun – Local Milwaukee News | Global & Business News
The Milwaukee Sun is essentially a local Milwaukee newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Milwaukee, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Milwaukee Sun.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Chargers Freeney agree to two-year deal
- Bruins Redden practices still questionable
- Havlat to return to Sharks lineup in Game 3
- Os call up Jurrjens to face Rays on Saturday
- PFT Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- US president calls for more embassy security funding
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev scribbled note in boat as munhunt was on
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- US First Lady laments culture of African Americans aspiring to be baller or rapper
- Piecing together the art of mosaics in Italy
- Woody Guthrie Center opens in Tulsa Okla.
- How to find gay-friendly vacation spots
- Travel Troubleshooter Seeking refund for student ticket
- Tips and deals of the week Prince de Galles hotel Where Chefs Eat app and East Coast Trains offer
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Thai phone operators told to lower charges
- Near-Earth asteroids and Mars 2 moons considered for future space missions
- Mars rover Opportunity examining rock changed by water
- Violent winds on Uranus and Neptune confined to upper atmosphere
- Opportunity Mars Rover Blazes Past 40 Year Old Space Driving Record
- Plane makes emergency belly landing
- San Francisco bacon restaurant forced to close over smell
- Video Second Cup Cafe Amy Grant
- Taste of Mexico restaurants tout authentic flavors
- EU finds time to tell restaurants how to serve olive oil
- EU bans refillable olive oil bottles and dipping bowls in bid to end food fraud
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Milwaukee Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wisconsin not likely to take up gay marriage again soon
- No fun on I-94 for drivers stuck in construction zone
- No opening seen in Wisconsin for gay marriage
- Walkers week ahead Connecticut New York City Iowa
- Feds probing Connecticut train crash