Field Level Media
22 May 2026, 23:25 GMT+10
(Photo credit: Jasen Vinlove-Imagn Images)
LIV Golf is pitching a reduced 10-event international schedule to potential investors, Sportico and CNBC reported.
The league reportedly is seeking $250 million to $350 million in funding to continue operations beyond this year after Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund announced its financial commitment will end at the conclusion of the season.
According to the reports, LIV Golf's investment pitch outlines a plan built around international tournaments and uses the high attendance figures in Australia and South Africa as benchmarks.
The 2026 LIV Golf calendar originally featured 14 events, including five in the United States. A tournament scheduled for New Orleans from June 25-28 has been postponed.
Bloomberg reported earlier this week that LIV Golf is preparing for a potential bankruptcy filing.
An LIV Golf spokesperson responded to that report with a lengthy statement to Golf Digest.
'LIV Golf is firmly focused on securing a transaction that positions the organization for the long-term,' read the statement. 'As we begin presenting our go-forward business plan to prospective capital partners, we are focused on achieving a sustainable future and there are multiple pathways under active exploration.
'We continue to see great momentum on the course and with support through the 2026 season and a clear plan to raise capital, leadership is focused on identifying the right long-term strategic partners who believe in our mission to grow the game of golf worldwide. These conversations are just getting underway, and as they progress, the company expects to gain further clarity around the structure and timing of a potential transaction.'
In addition to the loss of PIF funding, LIV Golf soon may be facing a talent vacuum. Golf Digest reported that agents for several players have reached out to the PGA Tour about potential pathways back for their clients.
--Field Level Media
Get a daily dose of Milwaukee Sun news through our daily email, its complimentary and keeps you fully up to date with world and business news as well.
Publish news of your business, community or sports group, personnel appointments, major event and more by submitting a news release to Milwaukee Sun.
More InformationGENEVA, Switzerland: The World Health Organization said on May 20 that the Ebola outbreak in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo likely...
NEW YORK CITY, New York: U.S. President Donald Trump disclosed more than 3,600 stock trades during the first quarter of 2026, revealing...
BEIJING, China: A week after President Xi Jinping hosted Trump in Beijing, China and Russia, at a summit on May 20, condemned U.S....
MEXICO CITY, Mexico: Mexico has frozen the bank accounts of some former officials accused by the United States of having links to the...
MALE, Maldives: Italy's Foreign Ministry said this week that rescuers have found the bodies of the four Italian divers who went missing...
LONDON, U.K.: Britain's second most senior diplomat in Washington, James Roscoe, has left his post, the British Foreign Office said...
NEW YORK CITY, New York: U.S. President Donald Trump disclosed more than 3,600 stock trades during the first quarter of 2026, revealing...
(Photo credit: Nathan Ray Seebeck-Imagn Images) Marlins right-hander Eury Perez will try to end his five-start losing streak when...
(Photo credit: Isaiah J. Downing-Imagn Images) The visiting Los Angeles Dodgers will turn to left-hander Justin Wrobleski to slow...
(Photo credit: Jay Biggerstaff-Imagn Images) After both teams banked series wins earlier this week, the Boston Red Sox and Minnesota...
(Photo credit: Brett Davis-Imagn Images) The Chicago Cubs hope a day off at home will allow them to reset mentally before they host...
(Photo credit: Benny Sieu-Imagn Images) Carlos Rodon was pitching with loose bodies in his left elbow when he struggled in Game 3...
