Field Level Media
18 Aug 2026, 22:55 GMT+10
(Photo credit: Dennis Schneidler-Imagn Images)
News of Spanish star Jon Rahm's possible return to the PGA Tour was muddied on Tuesday with Golf Digest's report that such speculation was premature and his future 'remains ambiguous.'
Rahm, 31, is one of the faces of LIV Golf and has clinched his third consecutive individual season title. But the future of LIV is unclear, leading to reports that prominent players such as Rahm are considering a pathway to the PGA Tour.
The two-time major champion and former World No. 1 remains under contract with LIV Golf, per Golf Digest. He signed a reported $350 million deal when joining the rival league in late 2023, and in May said that he has multiple years remaining on the contract.
LIV officially canceled its season-ending team championship event and will bring a tumultuous season to an end this weekend at LIV Golf Indianapolis, the league announced Monday.
LIV will now crown the individual season champion, the team season champions and Indianapolis champion on Thursday to Sunday at The Club at Chatham Hills in Westfield, Ind.
Michigan is the second event canceled since Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund announced it would not continue backing LIV Golf after this season. A $30 million tournament in New Orleans, scheduled for June 25-28, was scrapped.
LIV Golf CEO Scott O'Neil announced this month that the league had reached a deal with a 'lead investor' to sustain operations into next season. O'Neil said this cancellation will allow LIV to begin building toward that future, which is reportedly a funding deal with private investment firm BC Partners.
The Telegraph reported last week that league sources are 'almost resigned' to Rahm's departure when the season ends.
The Tee Times on X late Monday reported criteria for Rahm's return to the PGA Tour with terms similar to those followed by Brooks Koepka in his transition this year from LIV back to the PGA. Rahm and fellow LIV stars Bryson DeChambeau and Cam Smith turned down the offer, which the PGA said may not be presented again.
The social media account described Rahm making an 'apology tour' announcing his separation from LIV Golf and a return to 'traditional golf.' He will pay a $25 million fine, to be donated to charity.
In addition, Rahm will have to play his way into PGA Tour Signature Events and cannot use sponsor exemptions, per the report. Tee Times also reported that Geoff Ogilvy, general manager of Legion XIII, has been trying to get a similar pathway for Rahm's teammate Tyrrell Hatton of England.
Rahm struck a deal with the DP World Tour in May to retain his membership and Ryder Cup eligibility. He agreed to settle his outstanding fines incurred since he joined LIV Golf and play five events on the European-based tour.
The DP World Tour is now 'increasingly confident' that Rahm will play more of its events next year, per The Telegraph.
Rahm won 11 times on the PGA Tour, including the 2021 U.S. Open and 2023 Masters. He held the No. 1 ranking for 52 weeks.
--Field Level Media
Get a daily dose of Milwaukee Sun news through our daily email, its complimentary and keeps you fully up to date with world and business news as well.
Publish news of your business, community or sports group, personnel appointments, major event and more by submitting a news release to Milwaukee Sun.
More InformationOTTAWA, Canada: Canadian businesses are bracing for new 50 percent U.S. tariffs set to take effect on August 19 as negotiators from...
NAYPYIDAW, Myanmar: Myanmar's military-backed government has confirmed that nearly 309,000 displaced people living in camps in Bangladesh...
MOSCOW, Russia: A Russian attack targeted port infrastructure in Ukraine's Izmail district in the southern Odesa region overnight,...
DUBAI/WASHINGTON, D.C.: Iran has decided to change its war policy from a defensive approach to a fully offensive one because efforts...
DUBAI/CAIRO/GARDEN CITY, New York: Iran has called on the United States to accept that it has been defeated, while U.S. President Donald...
SEOUL, South Korea: South Korean President Lee Jae Myung, on August 15, called for renewed talks with North Korea, saying dialogue...
WASHINGTON, DC: The U.S. Federal Trade Commission is investigating healthcare database giant Epic Systems over how it grants or restricts...
DUBAI/CAIRO/GARDEN CITY, New York: Iran has called on the United States to accept that it has been defeated, while U.S. President Donald...
(Photo credit: Dan Powers / USA TODAY NETWORK via Imagn Images) The Atlanta Falcons signed three-time Pro Bowl defensive end Za'Darius...
(Photo credit: Kiyoshi Mio-Imagn Images) The Los Angeles Dodgers bounced back from a tough weekend to rout the Colorado Rockies in...
(Photo credit: Vincent Carchietta-Imagn Images) It took more than four months of this season, but the run-prevention defense that...
(Photo credit: Jordan Johnson-Imagn Images) The Minnesota Twins' newly appointed leadoff hitter is feeling right at home in his important...
