ANI
22 May 2026, 15:03 GMT+10
Hyderabad (Telangana) [India], May 22 (ANI): Telangana Congress spokesperson Sama Ram Mohan Reddy on Friday strongly criticised the National Testing Agency (NTA) over the NEET-UG 2026 controversy, questioning its explanation before the Parliamentary Standing Committee that only certain questions were leaked and not the entire question paper.
Reddy, reacting to reported remarks of NTA Director General Abhishek Singh, said the explanation amounted to an admission of paper leakage and accused the agency of 'destroying the future' of lakhs of students.
'Is he joking or what? While answering the Parliament Standing Committee, he says that only certain questions were leaked and because of irregularities, they had to cancel the examination. That itself is nothing but the leakage of the question paper,' Reddy said.
He further alleged that the incident had severely impacted aspirants across the country.
'You have destroyed the lives of 22 lakh students because of your negligence. This is the time to learn lessons, not to do any patchwork of your failures. This is an entirely failed administration,' he added.
His remarks come amid ongoing political debate over the NEET-UG 2026 examination, after NTA officials informed the Parliamentary Standing Committee that the paper was not leaked in full and that only certain questions had surfaced prior to the exam, as per the sources.
According to sources, NTA DG Abhishek Singh and Higher Education Secretary Vineet Joshi told the committee that several reforms recommended for strengthening the examination system had already been implemented, while work on the remaining measures was ongoing.
Officials maintained that the alleged leak did not originate from the NTA system and said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is probing the circulation of leaked questions that led to the cancellation of the examination, as per the sources.
They also defended the cancellation under the agency's 'zero-tolerance' policy, stating that even limited compromise of questions could undermine public trust in competitive examinations.
The Parliamentary Standing Committee also reviewed measures being taken to prevent similar incidents in the future and discussed proposals to shift NEET-UG to a computer-based testing format from next year.
Political tensions continue over the NEET-UG 2026 controversy, which led to the cancellation of the examination held on May 3 across 551 cities in India and 14 international centres, with over 22 lakh candidates appearing.
The re-examination is scheduled for June 21 under enhanced security measures mandated by the Union Education Ministry. (ANI)
Get a daily dose of Milwaukee Sun news through our daily email, its complimentary and keeps you fully up to date with world and business news as well.
Publish news of your business, community or sports group, personnel appointments, major event and more by submitting a news release to Milwaukee Sun.
More InformationNEW YORK CITY, New York: U.S. President Donald Trump disclosed more than 3,600 stock trades during the first quarter of 2026, revealing...
BEIJING, China: A week after President Xi Jinping hosted Trump in Beijing, China and Russia, at a summit on May 20, condemned U.S....
MEXICO CITY, Mexico: Mexico has frozen the bank accounts of some former officials accused by the United States of having links to the...
MALE, Maldives: Italy's Foreign Ministry said this week that rescuers have found the bodies of the four Italian divers who went missing...
LONDON, U.K.: Britain's second most senior diplomat in Washington, James Roscoe, has left his post, the British Foreign Office said...
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia: Malaysia's defense minister said on May 19 that the country has sent a notice to Norway asking for more than...
NEW YORK CITY, New York: U.S. President Donald Trump disclosed more than 3,600 stock trades during the first quarter of 2026, revealing...
(Photo credit: Isaiah J. Downing-Imagn Images) The visiting Los Angeles Dodgers will turn to left-hander Justin Wrobleski to slow...
(Photo credit: Jay Biggerstaff-Imagn Images) After both teams banked series wins earlier this week, the Boston Red Sox and Minnesota...
(Photo credit: Brett Davis-Imagn Images) The Chicago Cubs hope a day off at home will allow them to reset mentally before they host...
(Photo credit: Benny Sieu-Imagn Images) Carlos Rodon was pitching with loose bodies in his left elbow when he struggled in Game 3...
(Photo credit: Denis Poroy-Imagn Images) Shohei Ohtani homered on the first pitch Wednesday night and tossed five scoreless innings...
