ANI
23 Aug 2026, 12:00 GMT+10
Tehran [Iran], August 23 (ANI): Iran's Supreme National Security Council Secretary Mohsen Rezaei has accused US President Donald Trump of undermining global nuclear security, alleging that Washington's military aggression against Tehran has driven other nations to seek atomic weapons.
Iran's Tasnim news agency quoted Rezaei as saying that countries had seen membership in the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) as ineffective in preventing US attacks.
'Trump's recklessness, with his attacks on Iran, has increased the desire of people around the world to acquire nuclear weapons, especially when they saw that membership in the International Atomic Energy Agency and the [Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty] NPT was ineffective in preventing attacks from the United States,' Rezaei said.
'Trump has created nuclear insecurity instead of nuclear security,' Rezaei said.
Mounting a strong defence of Tehran's atomic track record, Iran's Supreme National Security Council Secretary Mohsen Rezaei stated that the Islamic Republic has consistently adhered to established international protocols and welcomed global monitoring.
'Iran has accepted all international safeguards, has complied with them, is a member of the NPT, and has agreed to inspections. Iran is the only country that is ahead of all other countries in its commitment to nuclear regulations,' Rezaei said.
Tehran has continually asserted that its nuclear endeavours are strictly intended for non-military purposes. However, the IAEA has previously raised concerns over aspects of Tehran's nuclear activities and said it could not assure that Iran's programme was exclusively peaceful without resolving outstanding safeguards issues.
The latest remarks follow previous warnings issued by Iran's Supreme National Security Council Secretary Mohsen Rezaei regarding potential escalation should diplomatic efforts with Washington collapse. In a June interview reported by Iran's ISNA, he said Tehran would be prepared for a potential US attack if negotiations failed. (ANI)
Get a daily dose of Milwaukee Sun news through our daily email, its complimentary and keeps you fully up to date with world and business news as well.
Publish news of your business, community or sports group, personnel appointments, major event and more by submitting a news release to Milwaukee Sun.
More InformationDUBAI/WASHINGTON: Iran said on August 21 that it would respond crushingly to any new U.S. threats after Washington said it planned...
JERUSALEM/CAIRO: More than two years after her killing, Israel's military admitted that its troops had opened fire on a car carrying...
HONG KONG/SHENZHEN, China: The founder of China Evergrande Group, the world's most heavily indebted property developer, was sentenced...
KYIV, Ukraine: A major Russian airstrike killed 16 people and injured more than 40 in Kyiv and the surrounding region on August 20....
WASHINGTON D.C.: U.S. public debt has crossed US$40 trillion for the first time, more than doubling in less than a decade as government...
OAKLAND, California: A former Meta Platforms engineering director told jurors on Thursday that CEO Mark Zuckerberg fostered a company...
(Photo credit: Benny Sieu-Imagn Images) Jake Bauers blasted a two-run homer to cap a three-run third inning for the Milwaukee Brewers...
(Photo credit: Steven Bisig-Imagn Images) The Seattle Seahawks placed wide receiver Jake Bobo on season-ending injured reserve Saturday....
(Photo credit: Jon Endow-Imagn Images) Los Angeles Dodgers left-hander Tarik Skubal will take another shot at his first win with...
(Photo credit: Benny Sieu-Imagn Images) The dog days of summer are biting at the Atlanta Braves, whose offense has fallen into a...
(Photo credit: Benny Sieu-Imagn Images) Jacob Misiorowski pitched six shutout innings and outdueled Chris Sale in a matchup of National...
(Photo credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-Imagn Images) Although Los Angeles Dodgers owner Mark Walter is selling off other holdings while...
